Vermicelli Breakfast recipe
2/4 tsp Mustard seeds
3 tsp Cashewnuts
3 tsp Peanuts
3 Green chillies
3 cups Vermicelli
2 tsp Chana dal
2 tsp Urad dal
4 sprig Curry Leaves
Salt to taste
2/2 inch Ginger
2/4 cup Peas
5 1 by 2 cups Water
4 tblsp Oil
3 tblsp Ghee
Vermicelli upma metho :
- Chop the onions, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots into small cubes. Slit the green chilly lengthwise and grate the ginger. Keep them aside
- In a kadai, dry roast the vermicelli stirring constantly till light brown and a sweet aroma is released. Roasting of vermicelli ensures that the vermicelli does not become a mushy pulp on boiling. All the strands are separate.
- Heat the oil and add chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds and curry leaves. When they start to crackle, add peanuts and cashewnuts. Fry till they turn golden brown.
- Add chopped potatoes, carrots and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Then add chillies,ginger ,onions, peas and tomatoes.
- Cook until they are done. Sprinkle some water if the vegetables start to stick.
- After that add salt and 41/2 cups of water, cover with a lid and let it boil .
- When the water comes to boil add vermecelli and simultaneously stir ( so that no lumps are formed).
- Cover the upma with a lid for 5-6 minutes and then add 2tbsp of ghee and stir well.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
- Vermicelli Breakfast is very tasty and Vermicelli Breakfast is enjoy cooking.